Michelle Howard – - Paranormal and Contemporary Romance Author
Paranormal and Contemporary Romance Author

WEWRIWA

I’ve been really trying to branch out. Looking and experiencing all aspects of a writer in the quest to complete stories that I hope to one day share. Recently I discovered a great group of published and unpublished writers. I’m taking up the challenge of the weekend writing warriors. I’m posting 8 sentences from my paranormal work in progress below. Dane is a homicide detective called to a murder scene where a she-wolf witness and potential suspect is refusing to speak.

If you’re interested in participating or just want to see what everyone else is doing click here: Weekend Writing Warriors.

Dane blew out a sharp breath. “Okay. We can do this the hard way, sweetheart, and the human officers here are gonna tranq your pretty ass and take you to the station where they’ll question you behind the safety of resin glass. Or you can answer a couple of simple questions.” Dane kept his words blunt and straight forward. Sometimes suspects responded faster to the harsh tones over the sympathetic. His gut told him the female would react better to a combination of both. He would bet his next paycheck that several of the officers’ weapons were already loaded with the tranquilizer.

30 thoughts on “WEWRIWA”

1. Donna CummingsDonna Cummings

This sounds intriguing! Here’s hoping he can continue the questioning without the tranquilizers being used. 🙂

September 1, 2013
  2. Frank FisherFrank Fisher

I hope she does respond as he would like her to. Hope no tranquilizers will be necessary either. Good 8!

September 1, 2013
  3. Gem SivadGem Sivad

An intriguing snippet with lots of subtle world building.

September 1, 2013
  4. JudyJudy

Eight sentences and I’m already intrigued by Dane! Great job, Michelle and look forward to reading the full story.

September 1, 2013
  5. Eleri StoneEleri Stone

Woohoo! Wolves! And Dane sounds like a good guy, smart and not one to use force as the first course of action.

September 1, 2013
  6. veronicascottveronicascott

I like it, I’m hooked, Dane has a new fan…when can we have more??? Excellent excerpt!

September 1, 2013
  7. burnsmillieburnsmillie

Oh so lovely. I liked that serving very much…may I have more : ) Glad you joined us for WeWriWa!

September 1, 2013
  8. Evelyn JulesEvelyn Jules

Wow, what a fabulous excerpt! Loved the dialogue. You’ve got me hooked already! Can’t wait for next week! 🙂

September 2, 2013
  9. Teresa Cypher (@Teresa_Cypher)Teresa Cypher (@Teresa_Cypher)

Nice! I don’t know why. I hear Dane speaking with a Brooklyn accent. 🙂 This is a great snippe. The dialogue is natural, and the scene is compelling. Well done!

September 2, 2013
    • michellehowardwritesmichellehowardwrites

Thanks. Its interesting to hear that about his accent. LOL. They live in the MD/VA area but I do love to hear all New Yorkers talk

September 4, 2013
  10. Jess Schira (@ridingnwriting)Jess Schira (@ridingnwriting)

This is a great snippet. You’ve subtly given insight into both characters and kept the prose tight. I’m looking forward to reading more.

September 3, 2013
    • michellehowardwritesmichellehowardwrites

You’re right. That can be the good and the frustrating part of reading. I’m glad I have you thinking Linda

September 4, 2013